    SubjectRe: [RFC] Reliable video POSTing on resume
    Date
    On Friday, February 4, 2005 9:31 am, Jon Smirl wrote:
    > For non-x86 systems put an emu version on initramfs. My statically
    > linked against klibc x86 reset app is about 15K. The emu version is
    > significantly bigger but there is no way to avoid it if you are using
    > x86 hardware in a non-x86 box.

    Jon does your emulator sit on top of the new legacy I/O and memory APIs? I
    added them for this very reason, though atm only ia64 supports them. There's
    documentation in Documentation/filesystems/sysfs-pci.txt if you want to take
    a look. On kernels that support it, sysfs can be a one stop shop for all
    your gfx programming needs, since it provides access to the rom, PCI
    resources (i.e. MMIO ranges, fb memory, etc.) and legacy I/O ports and
    memory.

    Jesse

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.019 / U:0.396 seconds]