    SubjectRe: move-accounting-function-calls-out-of-critical-vm-code-paths.patch
    On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:

    > Well your patch certainly cleans things up in there and would be a good
    > thing to have as long as we can be sure that it doesn't break the
    > accounting in some subtle way.

    I think it also fits well with the other accounting data which is only
    statistically probed at clock ticks.

    > Which implies that we need to see some additional accounting code, so we
    > can verify that the base accumulation infrastructure is doing the expected
    > thing. As well as an ack from the interested parties. Does anyone know
    > what's happening with all the new accounting initiatives? I'm seeing no
    > activity at all.

    Well, I'm here :), but I'm concentrating on making a GNU acct release
    Anyways, as I'm not involved with memory accounting yet, I guess I should
    leave it to CSA and ELSA people to comment.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.036 / U:23.248 seconds]