SubjectRe: move-accounting-function-calls-out-of-critical-vm-code-paths.patch
On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Well your patch certainly cleans things up in there and would be a good
> thing to have as long as we can be sure that it doesn't break the
> accounting in some subtle way.

I think it also fits well with the other accounting data which is only
statistically probed at clock ticks.

> Which implies that we need to see some additional accounting code, so we
> can verify that the base accumulation infrastructure is doing the expected
> thing. As well as an ack from the interested parties. Does anyone know
> what's happening with all the new accounting initiatives? I'm seeing no
> activity at all.

Well, I'm here :), but I'm concentrating on making a GNU acct release
Anyways, as I'm not involved with memory accounting yet, I guess I should
leave it to CSA and ELSA people to comment.