    SubjectRe: swapper: page allocation failure. order:1, mode:0x20
    We've seen these, by adding the following tueables resolved the problem.
    More specifically, the lower zone protection made the difference.

    vm.max_map_count = 32668
    vm.min_free_kbytes = 10000

    Bernd Schubert wrote:
    > Oh no, not this page allocation problems again. In summer I already pos=
    > ted
    > problems with page allocation errors with 2.6.7, but to me it seemed th=
    > at
    > nobody cared. That time we got those problems every morning during the =
    > cron
    > jobs and our main file server always completely crashed.
    > This time its our cluster master system and first happend after an upti=
    > me
    > of 89 days, kernel is 2.6.9. Besides of those messages, the system stil=
    > seems to run stable
    > I really beg for help here, so please please please help me solving thi=
    > probem. What can I do to solve it?
    > First a (dumb) question, what does 'page allocation failure' really m=
    > ean?
    > Is it some out of memory case?
    > Thanks a lot in advance for any help,
    > Bernd

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.021 / U:50.132 seconds]