    SubjectRFC: disallow modular framebuffers

    while looking how to fix modular FB_SAVAGE_* (both FB_SAVAGE_I2C=m and
    FB_SAVAGE_ACCEL=m are currently broken) I asked myself:

    Do modular framebuffers really make sense?

    OK, distributions like to make everything modular, but all the
    framebuffer drivers I've looked at parse driver specific options in
    their *_setup function only in the non-modular case.

    And most framebuffer drivers contain a module_exit function.
    Is there really any case where this is both reasonable and working?

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.020 / U:38.956 seconds]