    SubjectRe: split kobject creation and hotplug event generation
    On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 06:53:16AM +0100, Kay Sievers wrote:
    > This splits the implicit generation of a hotplug events from
    > kobject_add() and kobject_del(), to give the user of of these
    > functions control over the time the event is created.
    > The kobject_register() and unregister functions still have the same
    > behavior and emit the events by themselves.
    > The class, block and device core is changed now to emit the hotplug
    > event _after_ the "dev" file, the "device" symlink and the default
    > attributes are created. This will save udev from spinning in a stat() loop
    > to wait for the files to appear, which is expensive if we have a lot of
    > concurrent events.

    So, does this solve the issue that everyone has been complaining about
    for years with the hotplug event happening before the sysfs files are
    present? And if we add this, can we pretty much get rid of all of the
    wait_for_sysfs like logic in udev?

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.018 / U:119.892 seconds]