    SubjectRe: 2.6.11-rc5
    Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > Hey, I hoped -rc4 was the last one, but we had some laptop resource
    > conflicts, various ppc TLB flush issues, some possible stack overflows in
    > networking and a number of other details warranting a quick -rc5 before
    > the final 2.6.11.
    >
    > This time it's really supposed to be a quickie, so people who can, please
    > check it out, and we'll make the real 2.6.11 asap.
    >
    > Mostly pretty small changes (the largest is a new SATA driver that crept
    > in, our bad). But worth another quick round.

    Three bugs down, one to go...

    - backlight poweroff from screensaver: WORKING
    - power off on shutdown: RELIABLE
    - detection of the DVD drive without a disk in it at boot: WORKING
    - sound: hasn't worked since FC1...

    ASUS 1681 Pentium-M, 512MB, 80GB, 1400x1050 screen

    FC1 worked, clean install FC2 had display issues, upgrade to FC3 doesn't
    use full screen size and sound is totally NFG. I'm going to drop back to
    oss over the weekend and see if that helps.

    If anyone cares, the relevant lspci, dmesg, lsmod, etc, etc, are at
    //216.238.38.194/nosound
    and it will be up unless some development breaks it. I have posted this
    elsewhere, could see attaching all the cruft to a message for the whole
    list.

    --
    -bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)