SubjectRe: [BK] upgrade will be needed
d.c wrote:
> El Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:34:23 -0500 (EST),
> "Sean" <> escribió:
>>BK already feeds patches out at the head, surely if it's as powerful as
>>you think, it could feed a free SCM too for your non-bk friends in the
> Who cares, really?
> 1) Linux was never supposed to have a "head", but -pre/-rc diff patches
> 2) And more important, *nobody* works against "linus' bk head". Everyone who
> is implementing something so intrusive that needs to keep track of the
> "development head" developes again the _true_ "head" of the linux
> kernel - akpm's tree.

If I wanted to develop something which would eventually go into
mainline, I certainly would do it against Linus' tree. There are many
things going on in -mm which might or might not require significant
changes in approach to work. I think -mm is a great place to try the
scheduler of the week, but unless some feature requires one of those,
it's easier to start from a known base.

-bill davidsen (

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.156 / U:0.452 seconds]