SubjectRe: [BK] upgrade will be needed
Date
d.c wrote:
> El Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:34:23 -0500 (EST),
> "Sean" <seanlkml@sympatico.ca> escribió:
>

>>BK already feeds patches out at the head, surely if it's as powerful as
>>you think, it could feed a free SCM too for your non-bk friends in the
>>community.
>

> Who cares, really?
>
> 1) Linux was never supposed to have a "head", but -pre/-rc diff patches
>
> 2) And more important, *nobody* works against "linus' bk head". Everyone who
> is implementing something so intrusive that needs to keep track of the
> "development head" developes again the _true_ "head" of the linux
> kernel - akpm's tree.

If I wanted to develop something which would eventually go into
mainline, I certainly would do it against Linus' tree. There are many
things going on in -mm which might or might not require significant
changes in approach to work. I think -mm is a great place to try the
scheduler of the week, but unless some feature requires one of those,
it's easier to start from a known base.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)