    SubjectRe: Problem: how to sequence reset of PCI hardware
    Jon Smirl wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:37:45 -0500, Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com> wrote:
    >
    >>You either need to execute the video BIOS to initialize the hardware
    >>registers, or initialize the hardware registers themselves.
    >

    > That is what the user mode reset program does.
    >
    > The problem is, how do I get it to run before calling the device's
    > probe function? Most of the framebuffer drivers assume that the
    > hardware has already been reset in their probe code.

    <shrug> You do precisely what you just said: run it before the
    device's probe function.

    That typically means either initramfs addition or using 'install
    <module> command...' in /etc/modprobe.conf.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.024 / U:1.476 seconds]