Subjectwhen and where shall I encrypt dentry?

Hi all,

I am trying to add some cryptographic functionality to ext2 file system for my masters project. I am working with kernel 2.4.21

Along with regular files, I intend to encrypt directory contents too. For reading I guess the function ext2_get_page in fs/ext2/dir.c is used. Hence I can put my decryption routine in that function. Is that correct?

I was trying to look for the routine which writes the dentry on disk, but was unable to find it. I found out that the function d_instantiate is used to fill in inode information for a dentry, but unable to see when it is written on disk. I suppose that I have to encrypt the dentry just before writing on to the disk, as if i encrypt it before, other functions using it wont be able to access until they decrypt. So please help me with this, that when and where shall I encrypt the directory contents.

Thanks and regards,

Vineet