    SubjectRe: Hotplug blacklist and video devices
    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 16:08:22 -0500, Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com> wrote:
    > Under Fedora (and RHEL), they're there because we generally
    > don't want to load them unless the user asked for them.

    Is there a specific reason why they are blocked?

    For example I'm looking at making changes to DRM such that DRM will
    require the corresponding framebuffer driver to be loaded. If you back
    up further this is part of fixing X so that it won't mess with the
    hardware from user space. Mode setting would come from the framebuffer
    driver instead of the X 2D XAA driver.

    --
    Jon Smirl
    jonsmirl@gmail.com