SubjectRe: ide-scsi is deprecated for cd burning! Use ide-cd and give dev=/dev/hdXas device
I regularly burn tarballs to a CD without useing a filesystem and as long
as I use the -pad option when burning I've had no problems reading them
(the -pad was nessasary even when I was useing ide-scsi)

David Lang