    SubjectRe: [ACPI] Re: Call for help: list of machines with working S3
    On Wednesday 16 Feb 2005 14:25, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
    > tir, 15,.02.2005 kl. 17.42 +0000, skrev Alistair John Strachan:
    > > On Tuesday 15 Feb 2005 16:16, Lorenzo Colitti wrote:
    > > [snip]
    > >
    > > > Ok, here is the output from dmidecode (Debian package) and from lspci.
    > > > I don't have acpidmp and I don't know where to get it, but if you think
    > > > it's necessary I can download it if you tell me where to find it.
    > >
    > > Find below a diff of my dmidecode output versus Lorenzo's. Nothing much
    > > to call home about.
    > I've attached a diff against Lorenzo's too. Only difference is that my
    > laptop is a nc4010, and looking here it's clear that this model doesn't
    > support APM at least. I also have non-working S3. It behaves just like
    > the entry in the ubuntu wiki for the nc6000 in all three cases with a
    > full system running at least. I'll try init=/bin/sh later to see if that
    > helps and if it does experiment with removing modules one by one...

    Got it. Sorry for the radio silence, I've been busy for a few days.

    I discovered that either the i2c_core.ko or i2c_i801.ko modules cause the hang
    on resume! If you stop the entire i2c subsystem from being loaded by hotplug
    (note this is the BUS driver, not the sensors driver!), then resume works
    perfectly! Presumably there's a bug in the resuming of this module.

    In other news, USB devices only work after I remove uhci_hcd and ehci_hcd and
    reload them.

    The s3_bios workaround allows video to kind of work, but I can't use anything
    other than vga=normal (vesafb results in corruption), and the screen is no
    longer artificially resized to fill the LCD, it's native res and centered
    (which sure is annoying).

    Kjartan, I hope you isolate the driver causing you problems, as it seems these
    machines can be made, even if it is a bit of a headache.

    Lorenzo, thanks for your kernel config. It made it a lot easier to debug this

    personal: alistair()devzero!co!uk
    university: s0348365()sms!ed!ac!uk
    student: CS/CSim Undergraduate
    contact: 1F2 55 South Clerk Street,
    Edinburgh. EH8 9PP.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.021 / U:11.812 seconds]