    SubjectRe: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3
    From
    On Die, 15 Feb 2005, Pavel Machek wrote:
    > > - Sometimes I have to make a Sysrq-s (sync) to get some stuff running
    > > (eg logging in from the console hangs after input of passwd, calling
    > > sysrq-s makes it continue). I had a similar effect when logging in
    > > AFTER resuming (for the resume I had only gdm running but wasn't
    > > logged in) the GNOME starting screen stayed there indefinitely, no
    > > change. Even after restarting the X server and retrying.
    > > Logging in with twm session DID work without any problem.
    > > Do you have any idea what this could be?
    >
    > Does it happen with swsusp? Is it in any way reproducible? Maybe
    > commenting out refrigerator would help....

    Hmm, don't have swsusp in my kernel (2.6.11-rc3-mm2).

    reproducible: Not deterministically, i.e. it happened again, but then
    again not always. Sorry.

    Best wishes

    Norbert

    Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
    sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at +43 (0) 59966-690018