SubjectRe: [ACPI] Call for help: list of machines with working S3
From
On Die, 15 Feb 2005, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> To suspend and resume properly, call the following script as root:

Success.

After deactivating DRI in the X config file and saving the states with
your script (thanks) and turning off various stuff I get X running
again.

Questions:
- DRI must be disabled I guess?! Even with newer X server (x.org)?
- I dont have to restore the font, it is back without any problem
(I have vga console)
- Sometimes I have to make a Sysrq-s (sync) to get some stuff running
(eg logging in from the console hangs after input of passwd, calling
sysrq-s makes it continue). I had a similar effect when logging in
AFTER resuming (for the resume I had only gdm running but wasn't
logged in) the GNOME starting screen stayed there indefinitely, no
change. Even after restarting the X server and retrying.
Logging in with twm session DID work without any problem.
Do you have any idea what this could be?
- My script is a bit more complicated: stopping: hotplug, mysql,
ifplugd, waproamd, cpufreqd, acpid, ifdown eth0, eth1, rmmod acerhk
echo "performance" onto governor, then going to sleepand doing
more or less the reverse stuff after waking up.
DO you have any experience with hotplug network etc stuff, working
even without stopping?

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at> Università di Siena
sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at +43 (0) 59966-690018