    SubjectRadeon FB troubles with recent kernels
    On my Thinkpad T30 with a Radeon Mobility M7 LW, I get interesting
    console video corruption if I start GDM, switch back to text mode,
    then stop it again. X is Xfree86 from Debian/unstable or 6.8.2.

    The corruption shows up whenever the console scrolls after X has been
    shut down and manifests as horizontal lines spaced about 4 pixel rows
    apart containing contents recognizable as the X display. Switch from
    vt1 to vt2 and back or visual bell clears things back to normal, but
    corruption will reappear on the next scroll.

    This has appeared in at least 2.6.11-rc3-mm2 and rc4.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.039 / U:3.692 seconds]