    > > IMHO the driver should be standalone and the user should decide which
    > > driver he wants to use. As default the touchscreen-functionality will be
    > > disabled and only the quick-point device will work like a normal
    > > PS2-mouse.
    > I just want to point out that this is a problem for distributions and
    > for not-so-technical users.
    > Is there *really* no way to know if you're on a lifebook? Can't you use
    > say the DMI identification mechanism to find this out ? If so, I think
    > integrating into the regular driver very much is the right thing to
    > do... it makes things JustWork(tm) for users without any need for manual
    > configuration (which also makes distribution makers happy).

    Yes that would be nice. But the lifebook-touchscreen hardware is also
    used in other notebooks. For example the Panasonic Toughbook CF28. But
    we could still use DMI to check whether we are on a lifebook b-series
    and then initialize the hardware. This would still get 95% of all cases.
    For all the other ones we would have to provide some kind of

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.020 / U:10.756 seconds]