    SubjectRe: [rfc/rft] Fujitsu B-Series Lifebook PS/2 TouchScreen driver
    On Sat, 2005-02-12 at 18:01 +0100, Kenan Esau wrote:

    > Second thing is that I am not shure that it is a good idea to integrate
    > the lbtouch-support into the psmouse-driver since there is no real way
    > of deciding if the device you are talking to is REALLY a
    > lifebook-touchsreen or not.
    > IMHO the driver should be standalone and the user should decide which
    > driver he wants to use. As default the touchscreen-functionality will be
    > disabled and only the quick-point device will work like a normal
    > PS2-mouse.

    I just want to point out that this is a problem for distributions and
    for not-so-technical users.

    Is there *really* no way to know if you're on a lifebook? Can't you use
    say the DMI identification mechanism to find this out ? If so, I think
    integrating into the regular driver very much is the right thing to
    do... it makes things JustWork(tm) for users without any need for manual
    configuration (which also makes distribution makers happy).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.020 / U:33.604 seconds]