SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] hotplug-ng 001 release
On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 09:06:40PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Greg KH wrote:
> >I'd like to announce, yet-another-hotplug based userspace project:
> >linux-ng. This collection of code replaces the existing linux-hotplug
> >package with very tiny, compiled executable programs, instead of the
> >existing bash scripts.
> >

> cpio is running to setup a test partition.
>
> But one question: This is yet another package with its
> own private copy of klibc. Whats the reason behind this
> non-modular approach?

Because we don't have an easy way yet to build against a copy of klibc
on a system? For right now, it's the simplest way to ensure that it
works for everyone, once klibc moves into the kernel tree I can remove
it from udev and hotplug-ng.

Is it causing problems for you?

thanks,

greg k-h