SubjectRe: Could not suspend device [VIA UHCI USB controller]: error -22
Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>

>> ..preparing for standby...
>> ..hdd stops spinning..
>> ..monitor is turned off..
>> ..less-than-a-secound-pause..
>> Back to C!
>> ..the system goes back, restoring interrupts etc...
>>
>>I tried various 'wakeup' settings in bios, incl. turning everything
>>off in that menu - no difference.
>>
>>The same behaviour is shown by all 2.6 kernels I tried so far
>>(since 2.6.6 or so).
>
> Try ACPI wakeup settings, and ask on ACPI lists. Unfortunately noone
> really cares about standby these days.

Which "ACPI wakeup settings" did you mean? In BIOS or in kernel?

In my BIOS, there's a page called "Power management" (or something
of that sort), which, among other things, contains a section
"Wakeup devices" or "Wakeup events" - i tried to turn them all
on and off, all at once and in alot of different combinations -
makes no real difference, the system wakes up in a secound or
two regardless.

Too bad no one cares about standby.. :(
I've several of those systems, and I love them for their quiet
operation. The only problem for me is the system startup time
(about 3 minutes) and applications startup time (due to the
empty filesystem cache) -- it'd be very nice to be able to
suspend the system somehow instead of turning it off... Now,
suspend to disk does not work at all (that 4M pages stuff on
a VIA C3 CPU), suspend to mem does not work either, and "normal"
standby, while works, triggers a wakeup almost immediately.
So, in short, no suspend at all...

But Ok. Lemme see what's going on around that file in the code..

/mjt

  Last update: 2005-12-07 11:42    [W:1.277 / U:0.680 seconds]