    SubjectRe: Broadcom 43xx first results
    Date
    On Monday 05 December 2005 14:31, Jiri Benc wrote:
    > > And Joseph &
    > > friends are writing a module to support softmac cards in that framework,
    > > which is one of the most urgently needed things right now, because all
    > > the existing softmac frameworks don't work with that code.
    >
    > And authors of rtl8180 did it too. And authors of adm8211 too.

    The softmac code that is still in adm8211 is actually based on an early
    version of the softmac code that Jouni made for Devicescape. The Devicescape
    code does much more useful stuff than the code currently in the kernel. Sure,
    I can and have been porting adm8211 to the new kernel stuff.. but it already
    works with a much more mature piece of softmac code. I see the use of Intel's
    802.11 code as a step backwards.

    -Michael Wu

      Last update: 2005-12-08 01:03    [W:0.256 / U:2.568 seconds]