    SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
    On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 13:04 +0100, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
    > > I would turn this around; without some sort of effort from the USERS,
    > > things aren't going to change. As long as USERS don't use their
    > > purchase power to urge vendors that linux and open source are
    > > important, nothing is going to improve.
    >
    > I do always choose Linux-compatible hardware for my boxes. However, we
    > are still a small community, so I see it complicated using our power
    > to change vendor's minds.

    it worked in the past.. and the linux community got bigger. lots bigger.
    Now the hard part is getting the "newcomers" care about this and also
    help to convince the vendors, rather than blindly accepting that
    ndiswrapper and nvidia blobs are the right way.

      Last update: 2005-12-06 13:13    [W:4.276 / U:0.112 seconds]