SubjectRe: ntp problems
On Monday 05 December 2005 22:20, john stultz wrote:

>Hmmm. Indeed the nforce2 has had a number of problems, but I'm not sure
>why it would have changed recently. Can you bound at all the kernel
>versions where it worked and where it broke? Additionally, do be sure
>you have the most recent BIOS, I've seen a number of nforce2 issues be
>resolved with a BIOS update.

And, while I had a heck of a time doing the bios upgrade, it did work,
acpi is now enabled, and ntpd is working 'nominally'.

Many thanks for the kick in the pants to go do that, John.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
99.36% setiathome rank, not too shabby for a WV hillbilly and AOL/TW attorneys please note, additions to the above
message by Gene Heskett are: