    SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
    2005/12/7, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:
    > On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 09:38:30AM +0800, Coywolf Qi Hunt wrote:
    > > 2005/12/7, Greg KH <greg@kroah.com>:
    > > > And no kernel developers are forcing anyone to use Linux. If they don't
    > > > like it for whatever reasons, there are other alternatives...
    > >
    > > AFAIK, no proprietary software vendors are forcing any1 to buy their
    > > proprietary software. Still you are speaking in a monopoly tone!
    >
    > How is the statement, "If you don't trust the intelligence of the Linux
    > kernel developers, then don't use the Linux kernel." a monopolistic
    > tone?

    The fact is Linux supports more hardware now. Some *BSD users turn to
    Linux in order to drive their hardware for the _same_ reason as users
    turn to windows. That is really a monopolistic position.

    > I'm serious, I never want to force anyone to use Linux. I want to make
    > Linux be so good that everyone wants to use it, out of their own free
    > will. And if they disagree with the way Linux is developed, or the
    > license terms, or the way it works, it will not bother me at all if they
    > choose to use something else.

    Never doubt.

    > I hear OpenSolaris is looking for users :)

    Clever response. Add it to your usual response. ;)
    --
    Coywolf Qi Hunt
    http://sosdg.org/~coywolf/