    SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
    On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 09:38:30AM +0800, Coywolf Qi Hunt wrote:
    > 2005/12/7, Greg KH <>:
    > > And no kernel developers are forcing anyone to use Linux. If they don't
    > > like it for whatever reasons, there are other alternatives...
    > AFAIK, no proprietary software vendors are forcing any1 to buy their
    > proprietary software. Still you are speaking in a monopoly tone!

    How is the statement, "If you don't trust the intelligence of the Linux
    kernel developers, then don't use the Linux kernel." a monopolistic

    I'm serious, I never want to force anyone to use Linux. I want to make
    Linux be so good that everyone wants to use it, out of their own free
    will. And if they disagree with the way Linux is developed, or the
    license terms, or the way it works, it will not bother me at all if they
    choose to use something else.

    I hear OpenSolaris is looking for users :)

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-12-07 03:44    [W:0.029 / U:8.372 seconds]