SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
Alan Cox wrote:
> On Maw, 2005-12-06 at 18:42 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
>
>>There's some work on reverse-engineering the BIOS so that you can
>>hackishly poke 'new' modes into its tables, but it's still not a very
>>good option.
>

> Especially as the BIOS interface at the low level for the analogue end
> and the logic driving it is board specific. Intel have been fairly clear
> why they use the BIOS interface.

[utter, complete, abrupt tangent]

Since people are talking about BIOS, that made me remember that I wanted
to mention something of minor significance:

Marvell GPL'd their storage BIOS that ships with their 50xx and 60xx
cards. x86 code, not OF.

FWIW.

Now you may return to your regularly scheduled flamewar...

Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans