SubjectRe: Linux in a binary world... a doomsday scenario
On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

> Are you saying you'd open source all those binary only OSS drivers if
> this were to happen?
I don't promise anything but we have been working on an open source
release of OSS (OpenOSS) at least for OpenSolaris during next
spring/summer. Linux port is also possible at the same time or bit later.
Sorry but I can't give any more details at this moment.

For various reasons this stuff will be released outside the kernel build.
For this reason I'm more or less worried about the difficulties
related with compiling driver code separately from the kernel image.

Best regards,

Hannu
-----
Hannu Savolainen (hannu@opensound.com)
http://www.opensound.com (Open Sound System (OSS))
http://www.compusonic.fi (Finnish OSS pages)
OH2GLH QTH: Karkkila, Finland LOC: KP20CM

  Last update: 2005-12-06 21:29    [W:0.136 / U:0.256 seconds]