SubjectRe: [patch 00/21] hrtimer - High-resolution timer subsystem

* Roman Zippel <zippel@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 tglx@linutronix.de wrote:
>
> Before I get into a detailed review, I have to asked a question I
> already asked earlier: are even interested in a discussion about this?

we are certainly interested in a technical discussion!

> I would prefer if we could work together on this, but this requires
> some communication. I know I'm sometimes a little hard to understand,
> but you don't even try to ask if something is unclear or to explain
> the details from your perspective.

you think the reason is that you are "sometimes a little hard to
understand". Which, as i guess it implies, comes from your superior
intellectual state of mind, and i am really thankful for your efforts
trying to educate us mere mortals.

but do you honestly believe that this is the only possible reason? How
about "your message often gets lost because you often offend people and
thus do not respect their work" as a possibility? How about "hence it
has not been much fun to work with you" as a further explanation?

to be able to comprehend what kind of mood we might be in when reading
your emails these days, how about this little snippet from you, from the
second email you wrote in the ktimers threads:

"First off, I can understand that you're rather upset with what I wrote,
unfortunately you got overly defensive, so could you please next time
not reply immediately and first sleep over it, an overly emotional
reply is funny to read but not exactly useful."

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=112743074308613&w=2

and to tell you my personal perspective, the insults coming from you in
our direction have not appeared to have stopped since. I am being dead
serious here, and i'd love nothing else if you stopped doing what you
are doing and if i didnt have to write such mails and if things got more
constructive in the end. Insults like the following sentence in this
very email:

> [...] So Thomas, please get over yourself and start talking.

let me be frank, and show you my initial reply that came to my mind when
reading the above sentence: "who the f*ck do you think you are to talk
to _anyone_ like that?". Now i'm usually polite and wont reply like
that, but one thing is sure: no technical thought was triggered by your
sentence and no eternal joy filled my mind aching to reply to your
questions. Suggestion: if you want communication and cooperation, then
be cooperative to begin with. We are doing Linux kernel programming for
the fun of it, and the style of discussions matters just as much as the
style of code.

i'm not sure what eternal sin we've committed to have deserved the
sometimes hidden, sometimes less hidden trash-talk you've been
practicing ever since we announced ktimers.

in any case, from me you'll definitely get a reply to every positive or
constructive question you ask in this thread, but you wont get many
replies to mails that also include high-horse insults, question or
statements. Frankly, i dont have that much time to burn, we've been
through one ktimer flamewar already and it wasnt overly productive :)

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-12-06 20:10    [W:0.151 / U:0.052 seconds]