    SubjectRe: RFC: Starting a stable kernel series off the 2.6 kernel
    On Sat, 2005-12-03 at 14:29 -0800, Greg KH wrote:
    > On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 11:21:38PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:

    > > > Ahh OK .. I don't use it, so wouldn't have been affected. That's one
    > > > userspace interface broken during the series, does anyone have any more?
    > >
    > > Not only that, udev is default for instance in recent SUSE Linux
    > > releases, so whether to use or not to use it is a major effort.
    >
    > And if you use SUSE releases, use OpenSuSE to keep up to date with all
    > of the needed kernel programs for the latest kernels. Same with Fedora,
    > Debian, or Gentoo. They all keep up to date quite well.

    And if you use Debian, make sure you remember to do an update after
    changing a kernel and finding out that something in userland doesn't
    work. As Greg mentioned to me in the above mentioned thread.
    Debian/unstable had the proper udev. I just haven't done an update
    recently, but I download kernels practically every day.

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2005-12-03 23:51    [W:0.020 / U:152.908 seconds]