    SubjectRe: [RFC] CPU scheduler: Simplified interactive bonus mechanism

    * Peter Williams <> wrote:

    > This patch implements a prototype version of a simplified interactive
    > bonus mechanism. The mechanism does not attempt to identify
    > interactive tasks and give them a bonus (like the current mechanism
    > does) but instead attacks the problem that the bonuses are supposed to
    > fix, unacceptable interactive latency, directly.

    i think we could give this one a workout in -mm, to see the actual
    effects. Would you mind to merge this to -mm's scheduler queue, to right
    after sched-add-sched_batch-policy.patch?

      Last update: 2005-12-28 09:03    [W:0.020 / U:8.516 seconds]