    >>> transcode get recognized for what it is, and I/O bounded processes
    >>> don't even notice that it is running :)
    >> Interesting. This one's more or less a dead scheduler and hasn't had
    >> any development work done on it for some time. I just keep porting
    >> the original version to new kernels.
    > It isn't a dead scheduler any more than any of the other out of tree
    > schedulers are (which isn't saying much, unfortunately).

    Ingosched, staircase and my SPA schedulers are all evolving slowly.
    Are there any out there that I don't have in PlugSched that you think
    should be?

    > I've probably got a small number of cleanups and microoptimisations
    > relative to what you have (I can't remember exactly what you sucked up)
    > ... but other than that there hasn't been much development work done for
    > some time because there is not much wrong with it.

    I was starting to think that you'd lost interest in this which is why I
    said it was more or less dead. Sorry.

    Peter Williams

    -- Ambrose Bierce

      Last update: 2005-12-29 04:39    [W:0.021 / U:4.600 seconds]