    SubjectRe: recommended mail clients

    > > I would NAK such a patch.
    > >
    > > Andrew Morton described a way to do it, some method using x cut buffers,
    > > IIRC.
    > >
    > > The best thing to do is use a custom script, though. Other mailers can
    > > be annoying as well, with regards to the References header, for example.
    > > And pine is awful, encoding plain text as base64.
    > For a maintainer who patch bombs LKML constantly a custom script is best
    > but for the casual contributor their mailer should just work.
    > The default Gnome and KDE mail clients work OK so why don't we just try
    > to get Thunderbird fixed or at least warn about it? Casual contributors
    > are very likely to read SubmittingPatches.
    > I'm not trying to find the one true solution I'd just like to end the
    > constant low grade noise (and higher bug fix latency!) of "Please
    > resend, your patch is linewrapped" every few days.

    Well, l-k has some rather extensive spam traps, right? What about
    adding "if it contains patch, it should be well-formed patch" into the

    That way user would get bounce from the mailinglist, telling him how
    not to damage the patches...

    Thanks, Sharp!

      Last update: 2005-12-26 21:36    [W:0.019 / U:5.992 seconds]