    SubjectPing-Pong Compatible DMA buffer chaining
    Hi All!

    I am developing a SATA Driver which is libata-complaint for ARM
    platform for linux-2.4 kernels.

    But I am facing these issues:
    1) The SATA Host Controller supports a DMA Logic which has Ping Pong Buffers.
    How Can I allocate a linear contiguous buffer and give it to the
    Buffer Descriptors of the Host Controller. I believe consistent alloc
    would help me in this regard. But How could I do a chaining of Buffers
    in a Ping Pong Scenario which has Buffer Descriptors.
    2) The libata is using Scatter-Gather List to send Device Identify
    Command. Is it necessary to have a Scatter-Gather List for non-PCI ARM
    platforms. Can I bypass this mechanism.

    Thanks,
    Deven