SubjectPing-Pong Compatible DMA buffer chaining
Hi All!

I am developing a SATA Driver which is libata-complaint for ARM
platform for linux-2.4 kernels.

But I am facing these issues:
1) The SATA Host Controller supports a DMA Logic which has Ping Pong Buffers.
How Can I allocate a linear contiguous buffer and give it to the
Buffer Descriptors of the Host Controller. I believe consistent alloc
would help me in this regard. But How could I do a chaining of Buffers
in a Ping Pong Scenario which has Buffer Descriptors.
2) The libata is using Scatter-Gather List to send Device Identify
Command. Is it necessary to have a Scatter-Gather List for non-PCI ARM
platforms. Can I bypass this mechanism.

Thanks,
Deven