SubjectRe: FS possible security exposure ?
I'm using Vi in Solaris and Vim in Linux, do you think this is the
problem ? (because when I use "echo BLABAL >> FILE_I_DONT_OWN_IT" it
will give me permission denied in Linux)

but if you think about it, how could the system allow the user to
modify a file that he don't own it and he don't have write privilege
on the file just because he has write in the parent directory ?

Maybe I'm wrong, but is this normal ? please let me know

BTW: is there any document, article or any page about this so I can
show it to my boss :)

Thanks

--
Best Regards,