    SubjectRe: More info for DSM w/r/t sunffb on 2.6.15-rc6
    On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, David S. Miller wrote:
    > So I think something as simple as returning -EINVAL in the SBUS
    > framebuffer mmap() driver if VM_SHARED is not set would be sufficient
    > to deal with this.

    That certainly gets my vote: it should work around the bug correctly
    and effectively without adding any complexity.

    Though really the check ought to be in the sparc and sparc64
    io_remap_pfn_range, which are the guilty parties giving shared write
    access even when none has been asked for. But I guess it's too risky
    to add failures or change behaviour down there at this stage.

    Those "prot = __pgprot(pg_iobits);" lines - any idea why they ever
    got inserted? I guess to add _PAGE_E in the sparc64 case, and
    whatever the equivalent was in the earlier sparc cases?
    Can they safely be corrected early in 2.6.16?

      Last update: 2005-12-24 02:24    [W:0.019 / U:12.980 seconds]