    SubjectRe: 2.6.15-rc6: known regressions in the kernel Bugzilla
    On Thu, Dec 22, 2005 at 06:08:27AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Adrian Bunk <> wrote:
    > >
    > > not a post-2.6.14 regression
    > >
    > Well yeah. But that doesn't mean thse things have lower priority that
    > post-2.6.14 regressions.
    > I understand what you're doing here, but we should in general concentrate
    > upon the most severe bugs rather than upon the most recent..

    Regressions are worse than other bugs since they break working setups
    after a kernel upgrade, and should therefore be fixed before 2.6.15
    gets released.

    This should in no way imply that other severe bugs shouldn't be fixed.

    One thing why I'm currently pointing to such regressions is that I can't
    stand people whining noone would test -rc kernels while we aren't even
    able to handle all the regressions reported by people who actually do
    test our -rc kernels.

    "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
    Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

      Last update: 2005-12-23 00:14    [W:0.022 / U:6.292 seconds]