SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks
Arjan van de Ven wrote (ao):
> > how many other corner cases are there that these distros just choose
> > not to support, but need to be supported and tested for the vanilla
> > kernel?
> as someone who was at that distro in the time.. none other than XFS
> and reiserfs4.

FWIW, I have a few servers and my workstation running Reiser4 and
CONFIG_4KSTACKS=y for several months now, and haven't encountered
problems yet. One server also runs Reiser4 on top op lvm2, and another
Reiser4 on top of sw raid1.

I know -mm + Reiser4 + 4kstacks is bleeding edge in more than one way,
but I like that for my workstations and the servers are

All systems do have real-life load though. I'd be happy to provide data
from these systems. Just mail me the commands.

Humilis IT Services and Solutions