    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks
    Arjan van de Ven wrote (ao):
    > > how many other corner cases are there that these distros just choose
    > > not to support, but need to be supported and tested for the vanilla
    > > kernel?
    >
    > as someone who was at that distro in the time.. none other than XFS
    > and reiserfs4.

    FWIW, I have a few servers and my workstation running Reiser4 and
    CONFIG_4KSTACKS=y for several months now, and haven't encountered
    problems yet. One server also runs Reiser4 on top op lvm2, and another
    Reiser4 on top of sw raid1.

    I know -mm + Reiser4 + 4kstacks is bleeding edge in more than one way,
    but I like that for my workstations and the servers are
    test/non-critical.

    All systems do have real-life load though. I'd be happy to provide data
    from these systems. Just mail me the commands.

    --
    Humilis IT Services and Solutions
    http://www.humilis.net