SubjectRe: External USB2 HDD affects speed hda
Helmut Toplitzer wrote:

> I stumbled into a quite simmilar problem as Rene Herman.
> So he asked me to mail to you. Here a short intro:
>
> My VIA USB driver using EHCI is disconnecting my video
> encoder device (Hauppauge PVRUSB2) after working for
> about 10 minutes.
>
> Details (including usb-debug output, lspci, lsusb, lsmdo) can be found at:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-users&m=113508572205777&w=2
>
> Any suggestions what to test/to do?

Just to make it clear -- the striking similarity is that he also has the
IDE throughput drop; 34MB/s to 15MB/s in his case. No idea if his async
schedule should be turning on and off with the USB PVR, but it seems
very likely the same problem...

(hope I don't break the thread; replying through the gmane news gateway)

Rene.

  Last update: 2005-12-21 09:07    [W:0.042 / U:0.032 seconds]