SubjectRe: [patch 00/21] hrtimer - High-resolution timer subsystem
Hi,

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, George Anzinger wrote:

> > You don't think the current behaviour is wrong.
> >

> On of the issues I see with using your assumption is that moving the timer to
> an absolute clock after the initial expiry _may_ lead to additional
> qauntization errors, depending on how aligned the two clocks are.

What do you mean by "moving the timer to an an absolute clock"?

> I would guess, then, that either the non-absolute or the absolute timer
> behaves badly in the face of clock setting. Could you provide a pointer to
> the NetBSD code so I can have a look too?

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/kern/kern_time.c?rev=1.98&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
AFAICT TIMER_ABSTIME is only used to convert the relative value to an
absolute value.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2005-12-22 00:06    [W:0.085 / U:0.320 seconds]