Subjectasus_acpi still broken on Samsung P30/P35
Date
Hi,

Since several kernel-versions now the asus_acpi module is broken on several
Samsung notebooks, it causes an oops when loading and a kernelpanic when
compiled into the kernel.

This is known for ages. There was a patch by Karol Kozimor shortly after the
bug became public that was ignored.
The code was changed so the patch failed. Christian Aichinger again made a
patch. It was ignored as well.

Now, finally the patch is in the mm-source, I asked Andrew Morton to push it
to Linus so 2.6.15 will be fixed, Andrew said this is up to Len Brown. No
Reply from him.

Now it seems that 2.6.15 is going to be released soon, the patch still has not
made it into linus tree.

This is not "some minor issue", this completely breaks the usage of current
vanilla-kernels on certain Hardware. Can please, please, please anyone in the
position to do this take care that this patch get's accepted before 2.6.15?

The patch is available inside mm-sources or here:
http://www.int21.de/samsung/p30-2.6.14.diff

If I should send it to anyone else or if there's anything I can do to help
fixing this, I'm glad to help.

cu,

--
Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber: jabber@hboeck.de

  Last update: 2005-12-21 16:13    [W:0.042 / U:0.048 seconds]