    SubjectRe: swsusp: documentation fixes
    Hi!

    > > +Q: How can RH ship a swsusp-supporting kernel with modular SATA
    > > +drivers?
    > >
    > > +A: Well, it can be done, load the drivers, then do echo into resume
    > > +file from initrd. Be sure not to mount anything, not even read-only
    > > +mount, or you are going to loose your filesystem same way Dave Jones
    > > +did.
    >
    > I don't need the fame here thanks.
    > I've hit a thousand other ways to corrupt my rootfs, I don't think
    > it's worth documenting them. It's arguable this whole item is needed
    > to be documented, but if you feel compelled to write Red Hat specific
    > documentation in the swsusp docs, feel free to note that
    > 'make modules_install ; make install' just does the right thing,
    > including building an initrd for you with all the right pieces.

    Sorry... This entry was originally real question from akpm, and I did
    reply for him. I should have rewritten in when I decided to put it
    into FAQ.

    This should be better:

    Q: How can distributions ship a swsusp-supporting kernel with modular
    disk drivers (especially SATA)?

    A: Well, it can be done, load the drivers, then do echo into
    /sys/power/disk/resume file from initrd. Be sure not to mount
    anything, not even read-only mount, or you are going to loose your
    data.
    Pavel

    --
    Thanks, Sharp!