    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks
    On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Lee Revell wrote:
    > On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 12:05 +0100, Bodo Eggert wrote:

    > > So where is the driver for the Netgear WG511 Softmac card I'm supposed
    > > to test? I bought this card because it was labled as being supported, and it
    > > turned out that it wasn't, and just nobody cared to update the list of
    > > supported cards with the warning about the unsupported variant.
    >
    > Um, this is not the developers fault. Do you think the vendors call the
    > driver developers to tell them "hey, we just released a new product,
    > with a name confusingly similar to the one your driver supports, but we
    > changed the chipset a tiny bit so it won't work with your driver"?
    > Dream on.

    > Driver developers are not psychic. If no USER reported that the new
    > FooBar1002X is completely different from the FooBar1002, there's no way
    > for us to know. Sorry you were unfortunate enough to be the first user
    > to learn the hard way. Complain to the vendor not LKML.

    I found the information hidden on the developer's website, IIRC in the
    developer forum and in several threads. I think it's reasonable to beleave
    that the devteam knew.

    --
    Top 100 things you don't want the sysadmin to say:
    90. Wow....that seemed _fast_.....