    SubjectRe: gtkpod and Filesystem
    >>>Maybe an FS error on your iPod? Did you try to reformat or dosfsck it?
    >> Even then, the filesystem code should handle corrupt filesystems more
    >> gracefully.
    >
    >Mh, what's "more gracefully" in the light of fs corruption?

    return -EIO;

    through all instances back to userspace and keep returning EIO for all
    future requests. But let the user still umount the device.

    >The driver just
    >blocked write access to avoid further damage caused by writing to an
    >inconsistent file system which sound perfectly reasonable to me. Writing to
    >a corrupted fs could cause anything to it, depending on the corruption, so
    >better act safe than sorry...

    The interesting part comes when the filesystem corrupts itself
    (= the code corrupts the on-disk data), and/plus it does not
    notice quickly enough.

    Jan Engelhardt