    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] i386: always use 4k stacks
    On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 13:18 -0500, Giridhar Pemmasani wrote:
    > Kyle Moffett wrote:
    >
    > > I have yet to see any resistance to the 4Kb patch this time around
    > > that was not "*whine* don't break my ndiswrapper plz". There are
    >
    > I haven't seen anyone demanding others not to have 4k stacks; only requests
    > to leave 4k/8k stack option as it is.

    in hindsight making this a config option was a mistake. Why? Because
    we're not making every single patch we add to the kernel a config
    option, nor should it be. Config options for drivers or expensive debug
    options are fine, debug options for random patches... aren't really. To
    be fair the config option was intended to be really temporary, like 1
    kernel release, until it was sure there were no kinks. Oh well, there's
    too many people moaning now about ndiswrapper that I fear we'll never
    get rid of it.

    And no I do not think a kernel with 9000 config options is still useful;
    not every single trivial thing should be a config option.

      Last update: 2005-12-16 19:39    [W:3.203 / U:0.084 seconds]