    SubjectRe: tsc clock issues with dual core and question about irq balancing
    Hi John,

    >> I'm currently testing the system with "nosmp noapic acpi=off
    >> clock=tsc" (it was losing interrupts and wouldn't boot properly
    >> with apic/acpi on) and so far everything seems to work (this
    >> includes ssh and desktop usage is better).
    > So keeping the above settings, does removing just the "clock=tsc"
    > cause the sluggishness to appear?

    I just tried booting with the pmtmr enabled and incoming ssh is bad
    (I had an ls pause for over 20 seconds, while another connection was
    somewhat fine). I wish I had more concrete tests since the problems
    I'm seeing are so subjective. I guess I'll have to ignore this
    problem until I get a better test.

    > Also would you open a bugzilla bug on this and attach your .config
    > and dmesg?

      Last update: 2005-12-14 10:10    [W:0.021 / U:32.300 seconds]