SubjectRe: [git pull 02/14] Add Wistron driver
Stefan Seyfried <seife@suse.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 01:38:44AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Stefan Seyfried <seife@suse.de> wrote:
> > > No. The ACPI Mafia^H^H^Hintainers :-) no longer accept any hotkey drivers
> > > and IIUC it will be reimplemented in a generic driver. This driver
> > > then should pipe the hotkey events to the input subsystem.
> >
> > hm. It seems a fairly bad idea to remove functionality before that
> > functionality has been implemented by the other means and has been rolled
> > out by distros for some time.
>
> pcc_acpi never was in the acpi tree or in mainline AFAIK.

It was in my tree in March 2005. I guess it's one of those things that
never got merged further.

> But it is nevertheless an example that it is not too hard to route hotkey
> events through the input subsystem :-)

Well whatever - it's an area in which we sorely need more functionality.
How long have we been waiting for the "proper" implementations?

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans