SubjectRe: [patch 00/43] ktimer reworked
Date
On Dec 01, 2005, at 19:02, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-01 at 22:15 +0000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>> Heh, in my dumb non-native speaker mind I'd expectit the other way
>> around, as in a timeout is expected to time out :) and a timer is
>> expect to happen, as in say the timer the tells you your breakfast
>> egg is ready.
>
> Which is perfectly the point Kyle made.

In any case, the real important note here is that the two are pretty
different concepts, ones that lend themselves to _very_ different
optimizations, that are currently lumped together. The very fact
that some developers easily get them confused says that we need a
good clean implementation of both distinct APIs with comparable
documentation, including a bunch of good example usages.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you
looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.