    SubjectRe: Am I thinking correctly?
    On 11/7/05, <> wrote:
    > Kernel Version: 2.6.13
    > The API will be used, but I am using a simple xor to test with.
    > The data is getting written to disk, but NOT the buffer I'm sending to submit_bh(). It is writing the buffers from the page I copied???
    > No messages. I just do the following:
    > mount the filesystem
    > cd to it's root
    > cp foo foo2
    > sync
    > (at this point everything looks fine)
    > cd ..
    > umount the filesystem
    > mount the filesystem
    > cd to it's root
    > cat foo2 (which is now the wrong data)

    Have you tried your code by writing the data with-out performing any
    operation on data (like xor) ? This will tell you whether your
    __block_write_full_page is working fine or not because you will get
    exactly the same data as of the original file !

    And are you also taking care of write operation other than
    address_space_operations->writepages ? Because there is also
    file_operations->write which ext3 is assgining do_sync_write
    (, so are you
    handling this too ?

    > I'll attach the code tonight when I have access to it.

    That will be much better !

    And Please Don't do Top-Posting !

    Fawad Lateef

      Last update: 2005-11-08 04:26    [W:0.021 / U:37.780 seconds]