SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Ubuntu kernel tree
Ben Collins wrote:
> Some people may have noticed the new git tree located at:
>
> rsync.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bcollins/ubuntu-2.6.git
>
> This tree will directly reflect the Ubuntu Linux Kernel that is available
> in our distribution (along with build system). First use of this kernel
> tree is slated for Dapper Drake (Ubuntu 6.04), and will stay synced with
> the just released 2.6.14(.y).
>
> There are several reasons for making this repo available on kernel.org.
> Primary reasons include a more open development model, better visibility
> with the kernel developer community, and to make the kernel available to
> other distro's who may want to base their kernel off of ours.

Nice.

Do other distros publish their trees anywhere? It would be handy to collect
links and publish them in an article on distrodev.org or some place like that.
(are there any kernel wikis?)

I try to 'open' Gentoo's kernel patchset at http://dev.gentoo.org/~dsd/genpatches

Daniel

  Last update: 2005-11-06 15:53    [W:0.079 / U:22.640 seconds]