SubjectRe: kernel status, "Elitegroup K7S5A" SOLVED
Date
Hi all,

I recently got an E-Mail from Axel Strübing who had the same problem and
solved it (together with some kernel developpers).
He pointed me to their discussion at
http://www.spinics.net/lists/usb/msg00694.html which included a solution to
this problem.

citing http://www.spinics.net/lists/usb/msg00725.html :
> test this by editing the source code for 2.6.7. In the file
> drivers/usb/storage/transport.c, locate the subroutine
> usb_stor_Bulk_max_lun() and comment out the two lines that call
> usb_stor_clear_halt().

this solved my problem too. I tried a case where i copied all mp3 files of my
mp3 player, formatted it, copied all files back, unmounted, replugged,
mounted again and did a diff on all files and it was successful.
Therefore it looks like this mp3 player works without problems again.
(i tested with a vanilla kernel 2.6.14).

greetings
Martin Maurer

On Thursday, 8. September 2005 06:13, you wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:55:46 -0700, Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> wrote:
> > Re: Elitegroup K7S5A + usb_storage problem
> > [linux-usb-devel] Fw: Re: Elitegroup K7S5A + usb_storage problem
>
> This appears to be stuck. It has to have someone with a lot of patience
> to play with the device.
>
> Martin collected me a good USB trace from Windows, but I was unable
> to figure out what we do differently. The device accepts writes,
> everything looks fine, but if unplugged and plugged back, it returns
> old data. All commands appear basically the same.
>
> The device, BTW, is called "Fun" and "Stick". Has nothing to do with
> memory sticks, of course. Stupid DNT. Anyway, a European Linux hacker
> has to get his hands on one of these before any progress can be made:
>
> http://www.dnt.de/index.php?dir=details&pid=53038&cat=mp3-128&m_id=mp3-128&
>h_curr=
>
> -- Pete
> -

  Last update: 2005-11-06 19:24    [W:0.033 / U:1.608 seconds]