SubjectRe: Kernel BUG
Hi Trond,

I have found a working combination of GCC/Binutils [gcc-3.4.3,
binutils-2.16.1 (GCC needs more work as it got its specs wrong and has a
bug in it regarding %llu on sparc).

This suggests that there is a kernel build error associated with GCC-4.0.2
(for sparc-linux). I will need to investigate this as GCC-4.0.2 has a
veriety of bug fixes in it that affect the sparc-linux target. It also has
improved configuration/build scripts that are relevent to what I am trying
to do.

I will let you know what I find. It may take me some time as my sparc
assembly is not too good and this is the best place to find compiler
hickups.

Regards
Mark Fortescue.

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Trond Myklebust wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 18:10 +0000, Mark Fortescue wrote:
> > Hi Trond,
> >
> > I am running a sparc-linux kernel using an NFS Root and it is falling over
> > with the trace below.
> >
> > My Kernel is not a standard kernel (I have had to tweek it to get the
> > SBUS GC3 and the 82077 floppy to work on my OPUS Sparc 1 clone).
> >
> > Can you advise me on any known issues in the NFS Client code that might
> > enter NULL pointers into the 'slot->slots[i]' in __lookup_tag.
> >
> > If there are none that you are aware of, are there any specific areas that
> > I should investigate with printk statements.
>
> NFS does not ever directly access the radix tree internals: it always
> uses the API, and it always protects those operations using the
> NFS_I(inode)->req_lock.
>
> Are you sure that radix_tree_init() is being called before the NFSroot
> stuff is started? To me, this whole thing smells of memory scribble.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond

  Last update: 2005-11-04 11:10    [W:0.057 / U:0.148 seconds]